Learn to Negotiate Construction Contracts with no “Deal Breakers” (Tue Tip)
As I and others have said on this blog many times, contracts are extremely important in the construction world. Deciding what contract terms you want, deal breakers, and which terms you can live with, is more of an art than a science. Two upcoming FREE webinars deal with contract issues for design professionals:
First up, Traveler’s Insurance Company has a webinar entitled “Helping Design Professionals Build Better Contracts.” The seminar presenters will discuss:
- How to identify risk management issues associated with contracts
- What terms are deal breakers
- Which techniques to apply to better negotiate fair agreements
- Why it’s important to implement contract risk management practices
The webinar takes place Wednesday, October 19th, at 11:30 a.m. ET. Although the webinar is free, registration is required. To register, click here.
Next, the folks at Hall & Company are hosting a webinar entitled “Contract Negotiations for A/E Professionals,” and will cover:
- the importance of the overall A/E contract;
- how contracts can impact your indemnity obligations;
- how your contract can affect the standard of care and increase risk;
- how your scope of work and mundane contract clauses can impact the A/E bottom line.
Welcome new blog visitors! Please sign up for regular email delivery to your inbox of every new post here at Construction Law NC so you’ll never miss any posts.