Following our deep-dive into the newest A201 changes, and as promised in yesterday’s Insurance changes post, here are a few bonus changes to the General Conditions of the Contract:
- If the Architect is terminated, the Owner must identify a successor Architect that the Contractor agrees with (Section 2.3.3)
- The Contractor’s schedule is to include interim milestones and apportionment of the Work (Section 3.10.1)
- The Contractor can rely on the accuracy of the design criteria in the Documents (Section 22.214.171.124)
- Minor changes in the Work- must be in writing; are deemed accepted at no cost unless Notice is given (Section 7.4)
- The Owner may contact not only Subcontractors to determine payment, but also Suppliers (Section 9.6.4)
- The Contractor indemnifies the Owner for lien claims, if paid in full (Section 9.6.8)
Do you have a question or comment about the A201, or the revisions to the A201? If so, drop me a line below or through email.
Photo via AlphaStock images via Creative Commons license.