Want to peek into what is scheduled to become the first LEED certified multi-family housing complex in Wake County? The Triangle USGBC (US Green Building Council) will be hosting a “Walk-n-Talk” at Highland Terrace in Cary, which is part of DHIC, Inc., the Triangle area’s oldest and largest non-profit housing organization.
The issues presented will include:
- installing optimum mechanical systems;
- specific plumbing and water conservation feature;
- building features that insure healthy indoor air quality for residents;
- the interface between LEED certification and the current Fire Code; and
- other challenges related to following LEED Homes guidelines in a multi-story, corridor building with interior apartment entrances.
Details of the Event:
When: March 10th, 2011 4-6pm
Where: Highland Terrace, Cary, North Carolina
Fees: Free (members)/$10 (nonmembers); Pre-registration is required.