Do you sometimes wonder if you are meeting your stamping & sealing obligations in each state where you practice engineering or architecture?
Ever find yourself with some questions about how another jurisdiction handles design professional issues?
Wish you could find these answers in a reliable resource and know that it was solid information?
The lawyers have your back! Check out the first ever 50‐State Survey of Licensed Design Professionals’ Stamping and Sealing Obligations (pdf; large document; give it some time to load) by the American Bar Association Forum on Construction Law.
The survey is alphabetical, but for easy reference, here are some page numbers for the Southeastern States* to get you started:
- North Carolina starting at page 124
- South Carolina starting at page 154
- Georgia starting at page 36
- Florida starting at page 30
- Virginia starting at page 176
Download or save this link, and the next time you have a quick question about the various licensing boards, regulations, rules, and procedures, you can save yourself some time.
* FYI, my law firm has licensed attorneys in each of these Southeastern States, in case you should have further questions.
And, as always, drop me a line with any of your pesky construction law related questions, comments, complaints, etc.